Google

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Thanks for 2005!

I would like to thank my wife, Ann, for giving me the idea to start the Memphis Beer Club. After watching her go off to "Book Club" every month I thought there had to be something that I could do once a month with my friends. I told her for over two years that I was going to start my own beer club. She asked me isn't that what you do every weekend?

Sure I enjoy a beer now and again, but I wanted to enjoy different beers with my friends while actually trying to learn something. I stumbled upon the RateBeer website and decided that I needed to get started right away. The club started out small with only 6 members and we would meet at the local pubs. We have moved the clubs to peoples' home because most of the local pubs carry the same stuff. This has allowed us to try a lot more different beers (Belgium, Samuel Smith) and enjoy everyone’s company. We now have new members every month and I look forward to growing members in 2006.

In 2005 we tried over 30 different beers, from 13 states/countries and 19 different styles of beers. I can only hope that 2006 is just as good.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?